Re: Trucks

Eric Hansmann

The I-, L-, and T-section trucks were banned on interchange cars as of January 1, 1957. The initial proposed deadline was January 1, 1949. The info is on the AAR Interchange Dates file in the file section and is attributed to Guy Wilber. I suspect SP wanted to use these in hog service for several years beyond the initial 1949 ban on the T-section trucks. Possibly they made the upgrades as the cars were rebuilt.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On July 24, 2018 at 10:24 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

They had the T-section trucks even as late as 1946.

When the cars were rebuilt as hog fuel (wood shavings) cars they appear
to have received AAR U-section trucks with spring planks.