Ojai CA

From: Daniel A. Mitchell <danmitch@...>

I think that’s “Hog Fuel” not “Hog Feed” … it’s ground up wood chips and small chuunks from a sawmill or planing operation. It’s an ancestor of modern wood-chip cars. The “hog” is a big grinder that takes sawmill slash and grinds it up into “hog fuel”.

*********Today we’re more likely to call them “chippers”********

The term “hog fuel” also applies to small wood blocks and sticks, Such combustable stuf was commonly used as fuel for donkey engines and such.

Dan Mitchell

On Jul 25, 2018, at 3:00 PM, Ken Adams <smadanek44g@...> wrote:

Hog feed car