Re: USRA Cabooses

Charles Tapper

Pittsburgh and West Virginia had wood USRA-style cabooses before they acquired steel cars.  Caboose 804 looks like it is. I don't have my resources handy, but I'm thinking at least 804-812 could be USRA wood cars. The P&WV had some others with straight coupola sides that look like USRA cars otherwise, from photos 802 is such a car.  If I do any of these I will use the F&C kit.

Lehigh and Hudson River had them as well.

Charlie Tapper

On Monday, July 30, 2018, 6:06:40 PM CDT, Dave Parker via Groups.Io <spottab@...> wrote:

Seth, I am not familiar with that article, nor the photo.  The B&M did have some shorter wood-body cabooses, usually (always?) with three windows.  Their resemblance to the USRA cars seems pretty distant to me eye.

Google up "B&M caboose 104610" and see what you think.  It is currently on display in White River Jct.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA