Re: Not a good sign

Tony Thompson

Roger Huber wrote:

So what's going on that no one is stocking anything? Are we going to be forced to order from The Backorder Hobby Shop (Walthers)? Is this a trend, a fluke or what?

     Well, summer IS the slow time in the hobby (for most people).
     Roger's description of Walthers reminds of an event years ago. I had ordered the Alexander pillar crane kit from Walthers, but it was out of stock. And stayed out of stock. Literally years went by, and I had totally forgotten it. Then one day a package appeared in the mail, and it was the crane kit. It took a minute to remember, yes! I once ordered this. So at least they have long memories.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history