Re: Heinz Pickle and Vinegar Car info

Schleigh Mike

Hello Hugh and Group!

What Hugh describes sounds like part of the hand-out material from the national NMRA meet held in Pittsburgh in the early 1990s.  Several of our Group were involved in this endeavor.  The freight car material was provided with permission of the Heinz Co. and had been in their company files for years.

Regards from Grove City, Penna. where summer seems to be gasping----Mike Schleigh

On Friday, August 3, 2018, 12:10:42 AM EDT, Hugh Guillaume via Groups.Io <mguill1224@...> wrote:

I have a set of info that was produced by Heinz in 1941.  It includes 1/4" scale drawings of the pickle and vinegar cars along with paint chips of the yellow and blue paint used on the cars.  Drawings include dimensions and lettering diagrams.  The info was intended for use by model railroaders.  I don't remember when or where I acquired it.  I would like it to go to someone who will make the information available to everyone who is interested in Heinz freight cars.  It should not be in a file drawer which is where I found it tonight.  I had forgotten that I had it.  I think the paint chips alone make the info packet valuable.  I am open to suggestions.  Respectfully submitted by Hugh T Guillaume