Re: DECAL SAVER

Craig Zeni

On Aug 7, 2018, at 12:06 AM, main@RealSTMFC.groups.io wrote:

7b. Re: DECAL SAVER
From: Tony Thompson <tony@signaturepress.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 00:05:48 EDT

BILL PARDIE wrote:

There is a Microscale product that is brushed on to older decals to hopefully prevent them from dissintergrating
when applied. Anyone recall what prduct this is?
It's called Liquid Decal Film and it totally works. Looks pretty goopy when you apply it, but it dries to a thin film. I use it all the time on older decals.
What Tony said. It's awful looking when applied, but dries very thin and works extremely well. Cleans up with isopropyl alcohol. Dan Kohlberg recommends using the stuff on his Alps-printed decals as they're on very thin film. I used it on some custom decals from the early 1980s and it made the decals quite usable.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC