Re: brake hose brackets, etc.

Dennis Storzek

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 08:00 AM, Denny Anspach wrote:
Dennis Storzek then drew up, machined, and generously provided the fine pattern for the PSC casting that we now enjoy. I negotiated with PSC for development of the castings and the resulting agreement to include the part into their standard line.
Thanks for the kind words, Doc. I might mention, one of the points of resistance to adding a part to a line like PSC, or cast white metal for that matter, is they need more than one pattern to go into production. Yes, they CAN work from a single pattern, replicating it in house by casting single parts until they have enough "sub masters", but it's a lot more work, and the finished parts will have an extra generation of casting shrinkage, if that matters (not that it really does on these parts). I think I was able to help things along by providing ten or twelve complete patterns, which eased the pain of going right to production.

Just food for thought for anyone else contemplating commissioning a new part.

Dennis Storzek