Re: Riding the Rods

Gary Patrik

Beautiful modeling - looks like O-scale.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 6:51 PM gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

Bill, nothing beats a truss rod stock car!  It really looks good, even without paint.  I acquired a couple of these kits to modify for use as Great Northern stock cars until Speedwitch released their fine model.

Gary “truss rod” Laakso

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Welch
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 12:46 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Riding the Rods

Just in case there are any 1/87th people living Rough in the vicinity, I thought I would make it easier for them to "Ride the Rods" by putting a 2 x 6 through the Custom Finishing freight turnbuckles on my almost finished F&C Rutland stock car. At some point in the near future I will report on detailing this model on the "Speedwitch Modeling Blog." Secondarily the board helps keep the turnbuckles from turning and loosening.

Bill Welch

--
Best regards,
Gary Patrik