Re: Southern 41' low side steel gon - possible HO rerun

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Don,

Richard Hendrickson used the Ertl car to make an ACL K-7. His biggest change was to scratch build a fishbelly underframe. Richard's extensive article was in the October 2007 SEABOARD-COAST LINE MODELER.

By the way, these cars were black. Ertl offered their car lettered for the ACL but in FCR. I have one that someday will stripped and given Richard's treatment.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 8/22/18 8:32 PM, Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi folks,

    While I realize that the Ertl gondola is a model of a Maine Central prototype
how close is it, if at all, to the Southern gon?

Thanks to anyone who knows both prototypes, Don Valentine