Re: Two New Kadee Running Boards Announced

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

I've used Kadee running boards for a number of upgraded Front Range and C&BT Shops cars. I carefully measure the spacing between the pegs and drill small holes in the car roof on the center line. Then I enlarge any that are off until the board sits without waves. For glue I usually use clear silicone caulk applied inside the car to the peg. This stuff never turns loose.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 8/24/18 5:20 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

Lester, What do you use for glue,

On 8/24/18, Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:
Bill I do no drilling.  I cut the pins off and mount/glue directly to car
running board saddles.   I find this method works best for me.  I have had
no problems with running boards applied this way coming  loose on cars
running on an operating railroad.

Lester Breuer