Re: Two New Kadeem Running Boards Announced

Nelson Moyer

We all have our favorite ways of doing things, but I’m with Lester and Denny on this one. I cut the pins from running boards in plastic kits as well, because I they aren’t prototypical and I think the pins detract from a model’s appearance. One of the beauties of this forum is that we have the opportunity to learn about how others do things, and occasionally I’ve found out about techniques and products reported by members that were compelling enough for me to change my mind and adopt them.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Denny Anspach
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 5:48 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Two New Kadee Running Boards Announced

Lester Breuer responds to an expressed need for a Kadee running board drilling template:

 ….I do no drilling.  I cut the pins off and mount/glue directly to car running board saddles.

Lester has it just right.  Tiny dabs of resilient Barge cement on the running board saddles does it, and does it forever.  I clip off the index pins on the angle end supports as well, just letting these very hardy pieces to just rest against the car end.

Now, if Kadee would only produce wood varieties!

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD

Okoboji, IA