Re: Reefers: Heaters

Walter

Bill Welch,

Funny you mentioned removing ice before installing heaters. A empty reefer was set for loading. The car was then loaded with 40,000 pounds of spuds. When I went to install the heaters, I threw the hatches back and looked down into the bunker and thought oh my (lol). I retrieved my lantern and sure enough the bunker was full of ice.
I wasn’t about to ask the traffic manger to have the reefer unloaded. My laborer and I grabbed our ice tongs and breaker bar. We unloaded both bunkers and then installed the heaters.

Lenny