Re: My railroad materials

James SANDIFER

Temple is the place. “I want them curated and easily accessible.” That describes Temple perfectly. I can’t tell you all the times Craig Ordner (curator) has found things for me, scanned them, and sent them promptly. I have not found such anywhere else.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jared Harper
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 12:21 PM
To: REALSTMFC@groups.io; Proto-Layouts@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] My railroad materials

My wife and I are getting ready to update our wills.  One of the things I have been thinking about is what to do with my railroad materials.  I  have photos, station plats, surveys, clearance charts, etc. mostly dealing with the Alma branch.  Back in 1983, I donated all my Raton Pass materials to the De Golyer Library at SMU in Dallas.  Some other places I am considering are the Kansas State Historical Society in Topeka, the Santa Fe Archives in Temple, TX; and the California RR Museum.  Any other suggestions I should consider?  I want to donate the materials to some place they will be curated and will be easily accessable to researchers.

Jared Harper

Athens, GA