Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. August 2018 um 21:23 Uhr
Von: "Eric Hansmann" <eric@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] fabulous freight cars

The Wheeling cars added 1000 of these cars in 1921 from Western Steel Car & Foundry. In addition to the vertical corrugated steel ends, they had 7-foot doors that were offset and straight centersills. I don't know if any were painted and lettered for NKP revenue service after the 1947 merger. Here's a great shot from the early 1930s that offers weathering ideas for single sheathed boxcars. The image is from the W&LE archives in the special collection room of the Michael Schwartz Library at Cleveland State University. I scanned the original several years ago and made a few adjustments in Photoshop.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On August 30, 2018 at 7:16 AM Matt Smith <flyn96@...> wrote:

Similar to the former WLE cars that ended up on the NKP. Here is one in NKP MOW paint.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LkKs4G77yVrZonjynNKU1N-DTSFPWnAq

--
Matt Smith
Bloomington, IL