Re: My railroad materials

James SANDIFER

I will agree. In writing my livestock operations book I longed for simple little non descript books like the records of livestock forwarded or records of livestock shipped. You would be amazed at how scarce they are. People thought them useless and threw them away.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Schuyler Larrabee
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 10:19 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] My railroad materials

Tim, I would say that the Conductor’s books are in fact “genuine, primary archival materials.”  They were created by actual railroaders in the pursuit of their work, it doesn’t get much more authentic, on-the-ground recording of “what really happened.:  Granted a single book may contain anomalies, but an entire book will cover the normal run of what was carried in regular normal trains.

Schuyler