Re: Harrisburg Car Co.'s Exhibit

Dennis Storzek

Yeah, but I can't find it in the list of exhibits. There is a building in the western most portion of the grounds that is labeled "saw mill" that looks suspiciously like the pavilion over the cars, but it is consistently labeled saw mill on all the maps of the Exposition grounds.

It is possible it was  privately sponsored and off site, I suppose. The equipment all lettered for fast freight lines dates it to the days before free interchange, which certainly dates it before the formation of the Interstate Commerce Commission in 1887, but it's hard to tell how long before.

Dennis Storzek