Re: Harrisburg Car Co.'s Exhibit

Schuyler Larrabee

Zoomed in, the MDT sigh says “New York and Boston.”  It also says “OOOO Freight  Line” beneath the banner, might be (probably is) “Fast Freight Line.”

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralph W. Brown
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2018 11:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Harrisburg Car Co.'s Exhibit

Hi Richard,

There is a sign on the roof over the three cars on the left, NYC&HRRR red Line, White Line and Blue Line cars respectively from left to right, that reads: “The New York Central & Hudson River Rail Road Company” on the upper line and “Freight Taken From the Atlantic to the Pacific Without Transfer” on the lower line.  The roof over the MDT car has a sign that reads: “Merchants Dispatch Transportation Co.”  Unfortunately, I can’t make out the rest of the message.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966