Re: Modeling Those WLE SS cars w/7-ft doors

Dennis Storzek

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 03:22 PM, al_brown03 wrote:
Anyone know where the main crossbearers were located? I can think of at least two possible locations ("wide" and "narrow", by analogy with door-and-a-half designs).
If you can find a clear photo of the side, you can make that determination by the location of the rivets that attach the crossbearers to the side sill. There is a side view photo published on page 401 of the 1922 CBC (and likely other places) used to illustrate the Camel No. 50 door hardware, but my copy isn't clear enough to show the rivets.

Dennis Storzek