Re: NC&StL HM-11 Two-Bay Hopper

Armand Premo

I rarely question the modeling skills of the members of this group.For the most part, I have learned a great deal .I try to model what I can document.A few years back I became aware of the large number of Berwind hoppers that would arrive in Alburgh on train #10 of the Rutland.They were interchanged with the Central Vermont and would be of- line for  about a week then return as empties leaving on Train  # 9.I finally found out where they had been going.So I have modeled several Berwind hoppers.The same can be said of several Central Vermont boxcars.They were in assigned service and returned regularly.Armand Premo

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
About a year ago I saw a photo of a B&O hopper in the wilds of British Columbia, about 1950. Anything is possible…

       Anything? Maybe, but credible modeling depends on a minimum of surprising modeling. My criterion in matters like this is to avoid anything I would have to "explain."
        Of course you also have to consider your "audience" and its knowledge.

Tony Thompson