Re: on the left, there is a B&O gon

rwitt_2000

It is very blurry upon enlargement, but my guess is they are Tatum arch bar trucks. J. J. Tatum was The General Superintendent of the Car Department for the B&ORR. I can't find a photo, but have included the patent drawing for the truck side frame. He also created the wagon-top design, the raised roof for the class M-27 automobile boxcar, ladders, slack adjusters, box car doors, hopper heap shields, covered gondola, etc., etc.

Tatum thought to the end that the arch bar was the best solution as they were so easy to repair.

Bob Witt