From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Daniel A. Mitchell <danmitch@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:46 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] D8 Bulldozer as a Flat Car Load

The only other possibilities are the old Canon RD8, not bad, but the tracks are undersized. The Woodland Scenics Cat is styled as a D8, but is about the size of a D6. First Gear offers an IH TD-25 which is decent. The best of the lot are some from Overland Models (“stretch” D8’s) and Classic Construction Models (modern D9 & D11), but these get very expensive. CCM’s D11 is about $400!

Daniel Mitchell
On Sep 13, 2018, at 7:34 PM, Daniel A. Mitchell <danmitch@...> wrote:

Yes, it’s a fine little HO model ... there are two versions, with and without the blade. It’s the best D8 available in HO. Also consider the excellent D7 from Artitech, also in two versions (w/blade, & as a new tractor being delivered).

Dan Mitchell
On Sep 13, 2018, at 6:22 PM, Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Can anyone give personal experience building the GHQ D8 Bulldozer? I am thinking of it as a flat car load. Curious if it builds into a nicely detailed model: https://www.ebay.com/i/192326959275?chn=ps

Thank you,