Overland built brass models of two Cat types in HO and O gauges … a “Union Pacific Wreckmaster” (with custom DC flatcar), and a more conventional side-boom cat.

Dan MItchell
==========

On Sep 17, 2018, at 7:24 PM, John Hagen via Groups.Io <sprinthag@...> wrote:

I hope most of the items will still be available under the new ownership.
CF has produced some excellent models at reasonable prices.
However, the “D7 Similar” crawler tractor ain’t one of them. The proportions are wrong. It does not look like any crawler I’ve ever seen, in life or in photos. The crawler itself is too long and the upper structure is too small. I is the only model of theirs that does not look “right.”
John Hagen

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Ness
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 5:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] D8 Bulldozer as a Flat Car Load

Just to point out for more experienced and knowledgeable folks to visit and review, Custom Finishing (present-day Custom Finishes started by the late Bob Rzasa) produces a line of HO scale “maintenance” equipment including what is called a “D7 or similar” Dozer. Someone was looking for blades – there is a blade kit cataloged, but perhaps it’s a design that only exists in the future.

There are some parts/kits that are useful, including Hy-Rail wheel sets. Burro  cranes and Fairmont speeders. So it may be worth a browse to see if there are any items of interest.

Peter Ness