Re: Resin Carving to get a NC&StL AC&F 1916 36-ft SS model

Bill Welch

It might be helpful to identify all of the differences I see for the AC&F built car: Sill Step attachment (car side instead of on the bottom edge of the sill); lower door support (Claws instead of  continuous door track); door stop location and type; strap across braces to the right of the door;  poling flanges instead of poling pockets; two additional vertical posts on the ends; ladder grabs attached to posts on sides and ends; interior ends of ladder grabs inline w/attachment bolts instead of under; attachment point for retainer valve; and no brake step w/ handbrake ratchet/pawl attached to the roof. I also plan to correct the Hutchins roof by carving in little "V" crease on the very end of the roof ribs.

Bill Welch