Re: [ResinFreightCarBuilders] Pirated resin parts on Ebay

Peter Ness

One time several years ago I saw a New Haven item for sale on ebay.  The photo of the item was from my website!  Of course, the seller was selling a boxed item while the one in my photo is modified, so his picture no longer matched his item and as too many sellers do today, the “description” stated the photo was part of the description…

I notified the seller he could not use the photo and it was not accurate for what he was selling.  He was barely apologetic stating basically that he found it on the internet and didn’t think anything of it.  I notified ebay, pointing out the link to the photo on my website. The item was removed within an hour.  I don’t know if there were any repercussions to the seller from ebay.

Sounds like this seller responded in an appropriate manner.

Peter Ness

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pierre Oliver
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 3:44 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io; ResinFreightCarBuilders@groups.io; BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] [ResinFreightCarBuilders] Pirated resin parts on Ebay

Yes indeed.
The seller is in full apology mode. The pitchforks can be returned to the barn.
Thanks for the support everyone

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On 9/19/18 3:08 PM, Marty McGuirk wrote:

Before everyone breaks out the pitchforks this guy did mention he was selling items from a collection he'd purchased.
I also just checked and he removed all the various resin, Westerfield, F&C etc.. and molds from his auction.
Thanks for pointing it out Pierre, and thanks for contacting him Bill since I think that did the trick.

Marty

On September 19, 2018 at 2:41 PM BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...> wrote:

Can you report him to Ebay?

Thanks!
--
Brian Ehni

From: <ResinFreightCarBuilders@groups.io> on behalf of Pierre Oliver <pierre.oliver@...>
Reply-To: <ResinFreightCarBuilders@groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 12:55 PM
To: <ResinFreightCarBuilders@groups.io>, <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [ResinFreightCarBuilders] Pirated resin parts on Ebay

Currently there are molds being sold by a seller on Ebay, dpm1929
These rubber molds are pirated from resin kits that the seller has no rights to be profiting from.
There are a mixed bag of Sunshine, Westerfield, F&C and Yarmouth Model Works parts being offered.
This copying goes beyond the "Fair use" of intellectual property rights.
PLease do not support this seller
Thanks

-- 

Pierre Oliver

www.elgincarshops.com

www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.