Re: Zinc Pest was Re: Times have changed!

Rod Miller

Overland Models imported a 2-rail O scale 2-8-4 for various roads.
As with several OMI models, it had a cast "white metal" frame. Several
of these frames have rotted. I don't know when those models were
produced, nor where they were made. The 2-rail O scale SP GS-4s that
OMI imported in the early 80s (I have two) are fine.

In late 90s Weaver produced several troop sleepers in O scale (both
2- and 3-rail). They used a 'white metal" frame, many of which have rot.

--
Rod Miller
Handcraftsman