Re: Retainer valves

Gary McMills

Isn't the retainer located near where the triple valve located?

still a student,

Gary McMills

On 2018-09-27 18:06, Pierre Oliver wrote:

You know, Tim, you could have very easily found a way to express that without coming across like an a**hat.
As it turns out I just found another photo that does show the retainer line, the photo I was first looking at is perfectly aligned to hide the retainer line behind the brake rod.

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 9/27/18 6:42 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Wow, Pierre, must you always misunderstand everything?

  "Were retainers done away with on the B end of boxcars in the later half of the '50s?"

The answer is NO

If you had asked "were SOME box cars built without retainers on their ends?"

Then the answer would be YES

So where's the  retainer in this image?

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts