Re: Toronto train show.

G.J. Irwin

Brian and all,

It's this Saturday and Sunday (29 and 30 September 2018) and it's been renamed the "Greater Toronto Train Show".

I missed last year but attended in previous years, and I will be there Saturday morning.

It's not really an RPM-type event but there have been some interesting layouts and displays in the past.   There are Canadian vendors that I generally don't see "south of the border."  Displays typically include some UK railroading.

Rapido Trains is a major sponsor and I expect they will be there, so there can be questions about the progress of the forthcoming NP boxcar (STFMC content).  And I expect to make a stop at Credit Valley Hobbies in Mississagua on the way back.

Easiest way from Buffalo is QEW to the 403, 403 turns into 410.  I go all the way to the end, turn North onto Hurontario Street, then right onto Old School Road, then the venue is on the right, 12942 Heart Lake Road, Brampton ON.  There is frequently another event going on there as well, but I think we'll know which are the trains and which are the baby clothes!

https://www.torontotrainshow.com/

$1 off coupon available on the above site.  Exchange rate was about $1.30 Canadian to $1 US when I checked a couple of days ago, although Canadian dollar prices are generally higher than US prices so a calculator might be handy.

Cheers,
George Irwin
"Barely qualified to be an STMFC-er"