From: Bob Chaparro
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:31 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] GN Spokane Hillyard Yard Photo

With a little photo editing this becomes a nice period photo of a lot of freight cars:

https://media.spokesman.com/photos/2016/10/24/spa68298.JPG_t1170.jpg?e2225bc5c1a75a1036ca3021fecba2b47792abfe

Caption: "Spokane yards of the Great Northern at Hillyard in 1946 showed immediately the effects of a nationwide rail strike. Thousands of empty and idle boxcars, oil tankers, gondolas and cattle cars stood on the tracks shortly after the strike was called."

The photo is from a news article titled "Getting There: Hillyard oil contamination puts roadblock in plans for North Spokane Corridor". Here is a link to the article:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/oct/24/getting-there-hillyard-oil-contamination-puts-road/

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA