Re: RPM Chicagoland Photos

Tim O'Connor

The Delta Lines!! Hugely influential. My Dad's HO scale dream layout (never built) was
based on the Delta Lines design (O scale). When I bought my first house, I also came up
with a ridiculously ambitious track plan based on the DL. In those days I could "duck
under" without injuring myself. :-) And then along came John Armstrong...

Question: Who first popularized "shelf" style, "walk around" model railroads? A major
RPM milestone, IMO.

Tim O'

Peter Ness wrote

 > I know... that Frank Ellison was writing articles on prototype modeling in the 1930's

Sterling, Massachusetts