Re: [ResinFreightCarBuilders] RPM Chicagoland Photos

Peter Ness

Hi Dennis,

Frank Ellison may not be a good example for prototype modeling.  Arguably he was an early proponent of prototype operations.  While there is a distinction, in my opinion the two go together, but that’s just me.  It’s possible for some folks the introduction to prototype modeling was driven by prototype operations… but perhaps not.

As for Prototype Modeler, don’t let CRS get you down (ask me how I know).  The folks at Train Life have eliminated the need to trust our aging memories to some extent by making available several railroad modeling publications including this one.

Here’s the link to the main page for their repository:

https://www.trainlife.com/pages/the-magazine-library

My opinion only, there’s a lot of good content there. If only Mainline Modeler could be included (sigh).

Peter Ness