Re: [ResinFreightCarBuilders] RPM Chicagoland Photos

Tony Thompson

Peter Ness wrote:

Frank Ellison may not be a good example for prototype modeling.  Arguably he was an early proponent of prototype operations.  While there is a distinction, in my opinion the two go together, but that’s just me.  It’s possible for some folks the introduction to prototype modeling was driven by prototype operations… but perhaps not.

        Don't forget that Ellison had a "complete" layout with decent structures and at least approximate scenery, in a day when hardly anyone did. Reading MR or Craftsman circa 1940 will show you how rare that was. Layout photography mostly showed "Plywood Pacifics."

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history