Re: RPM Chicagoland Photos

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

Denis,

I remember the Batavia walk around layout well. I can’t believe it was 1974 that it was torn down though.

Of course, I have CRS so I can be very well be wrong but the two times I saw it were on WISE Div, bus tours, typically held in May, and I do not think I took any of them earlier than 1983. I wasn’t even aware they held their September – April or May meets until 1982.

Anyway, it was what I considered to be a really neat set up. On one of the tours some of us got to operate a walk around train with a club member for a bit. I was saddened when the layout was demolished.

John hagen