Re: Ann Arbor Boxcar

Tim,

I did say almost. The Ajax on this car is almost certainly a replacement hand brake wheel and gear.
Zooming in as best I can, can't see the release lever or if it has one. That would tell a lot on age of
Ajax housing. Definitely not original to time period of those ends. No full top flange.

Gene, go back and look at photos of AA boxcars. Really early versions of Miner hand brakes and going
to the Double A historical group might be useful to find photos of early Miners, a low production hand
brake in the early power hand brake era as you know. And they evolved quickly early on.

Finding an available version of the 24" Miner wheel ( 2 versions ) is high on my list. Associated gear would
be a bonus.

Dan Smith