Poultry Cars

Nelson Moyer

I just read Kristin Dummler’s presentation on live poultry shipping, a clinic I couldn’t fit into my schedule in Lisle. It was quite informative and the photos were outstanding. Kristin mentioned that the jury was still out on a suitable mesh for modeling these cars, and since I couldn’t find an email address to go direct, I’m posting the information here for all to see. I built a 1914 CB&Q horse car which required window screens. Searching the web, I found a link for a company that sells stainless steel screen in many mesh sizes, and I used their 400 mesh screen for my horse car. The URL is:

www.twpinc.com

They will send samples if you’re not sure which size best fits your needs. I’m sure that Kristin will be able to find the perfect screen for her poultry cars on this site. Because they have a minimum order size, I went in with several other modelers on a group order to share the cost. Contact me directly if you want more information on this product.

Nelson Moyer