Re: Poultry Cars

Kristin Dummler

All,
Thank you all for your input on the mesh! The screen on TWP is really quite impressive and close to prototypical dimension. I did have a chance to look around there a bit yesterday evening.

I'd have to get a sample and see what it looked like in person to know if it works for the poultry, however I'll most likely give it a try. So far, all the other sample materials I have are not quite right.

For those who haven't seen the presentation, here are the complete measurements I was given for the car in St. Louis:
A)The screen wire is a 1/8" diameter solid wire woven
B) The pattern is in a 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"Diamond Pattern vertically
C) The "C" channel frame holding the wire screen is a 1" tall, with 1/2" legs
D) The length of the screens, (along the car) is 14'-6"
E) The screens are 11" tall
F) The gap between the screens is 3"
G) That is tongue and groove wood sticking out between the screens.

The videos that Doug mentions are really fantastic. Unfortunately PDF does not have live video capability yet.

Kristin Dummler

On 10/26/2018 11:38 PM, Douglas Harding wrote:

One thing missing from Kristen’s presentation handout were the brief videos. They are not part of her pdf. I posted links to the videos she used, to this list back in August.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org