Thus, to my knowledge, all the really fine mesh available is far to opaque to represent the mesh on the poultry cars.

Dan Mitchell
==========

On Oct 26, 2018, at 7:57 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

Kristin,

I can guarantee that you will be able to find scale mesh on that web site. My 400 mesh was perfect for my horse cars. You could see objects thought it when it was backlighted. I don’t remember the HO scale size of the mesh, but if you get too small of a mesh, it becomes opaque. The web site give the actual dimensions, so you can do the scale conversion and choose the right mesh.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kristin Dummler
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 6:49 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Poultry Cars

Nelson,

Thank you for the source. I will definitely give them a look. The hard part is getting something with openings small enough to be to scale.

Kristin Dummler

On 10/26/2018 3:48 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:
I just read Kristin Dummler’s presentation on live poultry shipping, a clinic I couldn’t fit into my schedule in Lisle. It was quite informative and the photos were outstanding. Kristin mentioned that the jury was still out on a suitable mesh for modeling these cars, and since I couldn’t find an email address to go direct, I’m posting the information here for all to see. I built a 1914 CB&Q horse car which required window screens. Searching the web, I found a link for a company that sells stainless steel screen in many mesh sizes, and I used their 400 mesh screen for my horse car. The URL is:

They will send samples if you’re not sure which size best fits your needs. I’m sure that Kristin will be able to find the perfect screen for her poultry cars on this site. Because they have a minimum order size, I went in with several other modelers on a group order to share the cost. Contact me directly if you want more information on this product.

Nelson Moyer