Re: Weighing Freight Car Models with Liquid Gravity

Donald B. Valentine

Randy,

    Why buy shotgun shells to empty the shot out of for car weights? I suggest that it is much cheaper to find a
sports shop that sells reloading supplies and simply buy a back of lead shot, or steel if you prefer, The larger
the number the smaller the shot size. I suspect you could find all the shot you could use, either lead or steel
from #7 /12 to #12 for around $35 for 10 lbs. I have lead shot for reloading purposes but prefer sheet lead for
additional weight on HO scale models. Some building supply firms still offer sheet lead for flashing work if
you need a source. I have all I'll ever need already.

Cordially, Don Valentine.