Re: Weighing Freight Car Models with Liquid Gravity

Jeff

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:12 AM Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Randy/all,

We keep hearing guys talk about tungsten ... it doesn't "work" for me.

Although tungsten does have a higher specific gravity than lead/steel ... it is
not enough more to make a difference in terms of how much weight you can
actually add to your model trains. We don't use enough volume of weight
to make a difference.
Tungsten is, for all intents and purposes, impossible to cut/shape/size. Yes,
it can be cut/machined - but I haven't met anyone in the hobby with the
equipment to do so. I've never seen "tungsten shot".
To my way of thinking the only advantage to tungsten is that it isn't
magnetic. Neither is lead ...
<snip>

Have you heard of Tungsten powder?
https://www.amazon.com/Dynacraft-Tungsten-Powder-Jar-8-Ounce/dp/B00LU0W5CA/ref=sr_1_1