From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy Carlson
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 5:26 PM
To: STMFC <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Tungsten small weights source

I sent this email to the group the last time weights were in a ongoing discussion. This firm has various sizes (discs, pellets, cubes, semi-arch discs plus square and round rods, all 100% tungsten. I have purchased many sizes of weights, plus fine tungsten shots. I felt their pricing was not excessive, and I bought during one of their twice yearly sales.

-Andy Carlson

Ojai CA 93023

BTW, as was mentioned earlier, Tungsten Carbide has a lower specific mass less than pure Tungsten, though it is still much denser than lead. It shatters quite easily, and I had once received a lot of T.C. from an engineering shop for free. I mashed the life out of it with a 10-pound sledge hammer. That makes pieces which will fit in most any cavity or area in any of our freight cars. Need yet a smaller piece? Back to the wrecking anvil!