Re: Floquil Glaze

James E Kubanick

Jerry,

I have used Floquil Glaze as a base coat for decals and Clear Clear as a topcoat as the latter seems to have a very good ability to hide the edges of thick film decals

On Friday, November 2, 2018, 5:47:26 PM EDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Jerry Michels wrote
> Curious Tim, I have returned paint to the bottle for over 40 years, and it has never been a problem.

well they do say visual acuity worsens with age...

Once I began using Scalecoat and Accupaint I never went back to Floquil for overall
paint jobs. I use it for roofs, underframes, weathering, hopper car and gondola interiors,
structures, and washes, but never when I need a glossy smooth finish. YMMV.

Tim

Sterling, Massachusetts