From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2018 7:47 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Parafilm was ModelMaster/Floquil/Paasche paint bottle/cap size and nomenclature.

Gary,

Um, you have to be careful. Parafilm is wax based. Therefore, it would not be compatible with a number of organic solvents.  The good news is that alcohols are safe to use with it, but ethers, CCL4, Chloroform, Benzene, Toluene and similar solvents are NOT safe with Parafilm. Thus, I would be concerned that some of the solvents in Floquil paints may not be Parafilm compatible. Solvents in alcohol based (aka “water soluble”) paints should be fine, like Poly Scale, Model Master Acryl, etc…

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL