Re: Intermountain Announces Foobies

tyesac@aol.com

The two main spotting features for a true Santa Fe ice cooled reefer is the 5' wide swing doors (non-plug door rebuilds) and the "reverse opening" ice hatches (before some were modified for mechanical icing.   If those features aren't present, it simply isn't a SFRD  ice cooled reefer.

Tom Casey

I'm looking at the photo of a PFE version reefer as just announced by Intermountain.  It's lettered as an R-30-9, I believe.  And I am also looking at a photo of a real PFE R-30-9.  They look the same to me.

Perhaps y'all can point out the various details that make it really Santa Fe, or FGEX, or..........

Ed

Edward Sutorik