Re: Chalk Marks Question

Dean ONeill

All,

Thanks for all the great input. I had no clue about Railroad Chalk. $16 for a whole box on Ebay!

I guess I should have mentioned the reason for my question. I am developing decals for the Rapido NP boxcar, and one of the things I want to include is chalk marks.

The decal printer I am using is Cartograf, and they can print very thin line widths or “strokes”, but I was asking about chalk type to help determine just how thin to make said chalk marks.

Below is an example of a car with marks, and the drafts I have in Adobe Illustrator. I can easily adjust the width, and the opacity. I am settling into .002 and .004 inch strokes.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dean ONeill

NPRHA