Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2018 um 18:23 Uhr
Von: "John Barry" <northbaylines@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] Sante Fe Express Box car easy to convert to "normal" freight car?
Johannes,

The ARA class BX Fe-24 represented by the Coach Yard model occasionally found it's way into freights as I've seen one photo of an instance in Ohio.  That said, it depends on when you model.  After AMTRAK, they all went into freight service, prior to that, the passenger equipped Fe-24s would be assigned to freight service during lulls in the express business.  So during WWII and Korea or any year during the Christmas rush, green express boxes in freights not so much.

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights