Re: AM I LOSING IT?

Benjamin Hom

Bill Pardie hyperventilated:
"I have a very vivid recollection of plans (and an article) of a PFE R-40-4 refer that appeared in a RMC issue in the 80’s or 90’s.
The cover of this issue as I recall had a collage of items (including a John Allen character) in some sort [of] [anniversary] issue.
I have combed the site that indexes the RMC issues and this cover does not appear.  This was not one [of] the issues that had
Tony Thompson’s excellent series on PFE.

Does anyone else recall this or is it a Pigment of my imagination?"

Not sure what color palette your imagination operates in...
Railroad Model Craftsman, March 1983.  The article you're looking for is Bob Mohowski's "End of the Ice Age - PFE reefers" on page 71.

Ben Hom