Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2018 um 19:22 Uhr
Von: "John Barry" <northbaylines@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] Sante Fe Express Box car easy to convert to "normal" freight car?
The Walthers (LifeLike) is a reasonable stand in out of the box but the decorated versions have an incorrect side panel count for the Santa Fe car.  The correct side panels are on the end door versions and a solution for an accurate model is to replace the end doors with an A end from another kit, cut out the side sill tabs, and repaint to suit.  As built, the freight versions came with Barber S-2 trucks, but many freight units got the Allied full cushion units in truck swaps with the passenger versions when they had derailment issues.  Others got ASF ride control trucks.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

Von: "John Barry" <northbaylines@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Johannes,

The ARA class BX Fe-24 represented by the Coach Yard model occasionally found it's way into freights as I've seen one photo of an instance in Ohio.  That said, it depends on when you model.  After AMTRAK, they all went into freight service, prior to that, the passenger equipped Fe-24s would be assigned to freight service during lulls in the express business.  So during WWII and Korea or any year during the Christmas rush, green express boxes in freights not so much.

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights