Re: CHALK MARKS QUESTION #2

O Fenton Wells

Well done Michael, they look very real.
Fenton

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 3:28 PM Michael Gross <ActorMichaelGross@...> wrote:
I agree with many of the other answers on this thread that many local yard and switching crews had "codes" all their own for chalk marks, many of which are now consigned to the dust-bin of history.

As I own a Free-mo module whose main feature is the small, mythical town of Iota, Kansas, I simply "invented" a chalk mark used by off-line crews blocking trains for that destination.  The yellow arrow in the attached photo illustrates what I have done:   IOTA is indicated by a capital O with a capital I slashing through it.  Fictional place, fictional chalk mark.  :0)

Best,

Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA

--