Gesendet: Samstag, 17. November 2018 um 01:16 Uhr
Von: "Tim O'Connor" <timboconnor@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR X40 (an sub classes) usage question
Johannes

The 1955 ORER says that the 100 X40b box cars are equipped with "special devices" for LCL.

It's doubtful that these LCL cars went offline, but with the sharp decline of LCL traffic,
I think by 1960, and later, the cars would have started roaming all over the place. But they
were still very rare - less than 1 in 5,000 box cars nationally!

Tim O'Connor

according to this site:
http://prr.railfan.net/freight/classpage.html?class=X40
the X40 was very rare with just a little more than 100 cars built. Aside of this, did it go far away from home rails even when in interchange service? Could you met one near the west coast?
Many thanks and greetings
Johannes

Sterling, Massachusetts