Operation with card system

Lester Breuer

Almost every freight car I build goes into service on my operating railroad.  On my railroad traffic moves via an industry based card system with time built in I created with a friend in the late 1970’s.  I was asked to writeup my operating system by operators who think it simulates prototype operation well.  I have done my best to describe my card system in two parts: paperwork setup - Part 1 and operation session setup- Part-2.   Part 1 photos and writeup of my system to move freight cars on my railroad are now  on my blog I started to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following: