Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2018 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Transformer Load

If you try to download it from that site they want a "donation", but if you copy the caption, click on the link https://catalog.archives.gov/, and search for the caption you will find two photos.  The second search result was this photo.  The first is a closer shot that does give some more detail.  From this I could verify that it is SP 4136x.  This photo also has two ATSF Fe cars and shows the second floor of a Santa Fe freight house.  I would guess Berkley or Oakland.

Jim Gates

 Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Transformer Load
 To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
 Date: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 3:00 PM

 Tarped transformer on a flat car (Southern Pacific?):
 https://picryl.com/media/interphase-transformer-from-westinghouse-loaded-on-train-flat-car-photograph-415445
 Click on the photo to enlarge it and then scroll to enlarge it further.
 Caption: "Interphase transformer from Westinghouse, loaded on train flat car. Photograph taken January 24,
 1950."
 Good detail of how the rods securing the load are routed through the stake pockets and held in place. These stake pockets
 appear to be different from the others.
 Bob Chaparro
 Hemet, CA